Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Writing Project - Burn

I left,
I left teary-eyed,
I left teary-eyed and hollow,
I left teary-eyed, hollow and broken,
Just like the last three times, when they trampled on my heart

I know,
I know you,
I know you are different,
I know the different you and that your kindest heart,
Did not mean to break me up, but build lovingly

I loved,
I loved you,
I loved you like a snow flake,
I loved you like a snow flake rushing to meet the mountain,
Like the stars in a child’s eyes, and the aisle waiting for the to-be-weds

I wish,
I wish for you,
I wish for you to have the moon,
I wish that you will wish for me, even when you’re there,
But you won’t and then I’ll wish I dint wish for you anymore

I burn,
I burn with pain, the feeble kind,
I burn to not destroy, and not to build,
I burn because I’m ought to burn,
I burn in the misery that every lover burns,

Like the way the phoenix burns, like the way it burns before it rises again.


This is the fifth part of the Writing Project in collaboration with Kapil,  we started a few weeks back. We choose a word every week and write our take on it.  This week the word is 'Burn'. For Kapil's work click on the link here http://kapilankar.blogspot.com/2015/12/burn.html

2 comments:

  1. A really good one! I loved the construct. Innovative way to write :-) I love the wish stanza the most! I bet it can be done in song beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u naveen! The wish stanza is my favourite too. :) :) u know what when I was writing I was thinking the same thing.. Might sound like lyrics of a song.

    ReplyDelete